GAN may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please endeavour to visit this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3th March, 2017.
To help us understand members need and provide them with a better service, members are allowed to create unique personal profiles. Members of GAN can view each other’s profiles, create post, leave reviews and comment, and describe their interests and likes. To make our service more interactive, we request and display some personal information to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other. Members can change their profile information at any time and can control how other members and the service communicates with them.
We may collect the following information:
– Your name
– Email address
– Contact Address
– Phone Number
– Company Name
– Institution Attended
– Other information relevant to customer surveys, purchases, orders and/or offers
What We Do With the Information We Collect
We require this information to understand your needs and to help us serve you better, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Identify our members
– Help members identify each other;
– Send notifications to those users relating to the GAN service;
– Facilitate user interaction in the GAN social community;
– Internal record keeping;
– Creating an invoice for you
– Process Your Order,
– Activate your product for you
– Handle any claims made by you
– We may use the information to improve our products and services;
– To facilitate searching and finding friends and acquaintances on the service.
– We may periodically send promotional emails and SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and phone numbers which you have provided. We may also use a user’s email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or IM. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
GAN also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site. This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve the website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
– If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at sales@ gan.ng. Users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as edit my personal profile.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us via our email address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write/email us at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Content Submitted To Be Posted On Your Behalf
Any article/content/post/order submitted to us by you or through our affiliates to be published on our website on your behalf which you affirm to be an original, updated and complete material from you; GAN will reference you as the owner of the material once accepted and published on this website.
Security: GAN member accounts are secured by member-created passwords. GAN takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private by making the passwords encrypted so nobody can view them (not even the administrator). We use reasonable measures to protect other member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on GAN, please contact us accounts@ gan.ng.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information GAN Collects
Except as otherwise described in this privacy statement, GAN will not disclose personal information to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary:
(1) to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by GAN, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
(3) to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service.
If you have any question(s) regarding this Policy, feel free to contact us.